Saturday, May 2, 2009

On Organizing

 I am struggling to figure out how to configure these entries. I have finished many books and need to decide whether or not to categorize them individually, by entry, all together, by date read, by genre or otherwise. I never figured this would be so consuming, this organizing of something so simple and uncomplicated as a book log. Alas, as many things in life go, things often get more convoluted than necessary.


I have another conundrum to add, as though plonking entries here weren't getting complex enough, and that is how I'd like to address movies from books, or vice versa. You see, many of the books I have been reading lately have movie versions, some better than others, some worse. All of which come into play when I read or re-read the book versions.

In addition to all of this, if you haven't tired of more complexity, I will be adding in my experiences within class here. I think that it is more appropriately discussed in this blog and when and if we get off track in class at all, it will give us a bit more time to savor the discussions that we have within the realm of the books we are exploring.

I will attempt to update this blog once per week, since, God knows, I finish at least two-three books in that span of time.

Titles of books will make up titles of entries so that you can scan the archives and get an inkling at a glance of what I am up to or to pick out something that you might fancy.

However, it is late and I would rather go back to my warm bed and read yet another YA novel ("The Queen of Everything") to add to the growing stack of already completed book by my bedside.

No comments:

Post a Comment