OK Ok, it's not as though I haven't been reading so here is another pile of entries dating back to who knows when and not inclusive of all the things that have passed through my bedside reading table. Still, a start. Or rather, a continuation.
Stein on Writing by Sol Stein was one of the clearest more concise books on writing that I have read thus far. It offers straight forward to the point examples, suggestions and advice on how to both improve and sculpt the writing that you already have and gives points of inspiration from which to springboard your creative juices.
I appreciated how he was clear that all the things he discussed were neither new nor revolutionary, simply best practices that other successful authors have employed. I liked that he gave examples from commonly read books and was fluid in his delivery of sometimes dry material. Let's face it, not all grammar points are delectable, even to the nerds among us.
No comments:
Post a Comment